You may have noticed some interesting looking, but incomplete posts that I have put out recently. This is ok. It is intentionally done this way. Partly as an experiment related to online marketing and the current state of SEO. Beyond that, it is an experiment on how people consume content and the best way to deliver knowledge. I hope you find these posts useful and possibly entertaining.
I also want you to comment and interact with the things you are interested in. I promise it will all work better if you get involved.
While authority may be was given, responsibility is taken; and that is a very important concept to remember.
I feel a little bit like listing things I have already done or am doing is like cheating, but I do it anyway because 25 is a surprising lot.
I have been asked to make a list of 25 ways I could take responsibility (without authority). –if you cared more about changing things more than credit, authority or blame?
- Start writing and creating the systems that will live beyond me
- Automate some of our more complex processes
- Look into the possibility of making an app
- Explore the uses of machine learning and how it will positively impact our users
- Start calling people and asking them what kinds of things they need and want; in relation to what we are building
- Start a twitter account and post teasers
- Start a Facebook and post teasers
- Start a blog and expand on some of the more difficult tasks we have faced
- Automate testing
- Try to break things so they can be fixed better
- Give others authority when they need it
- Take care of some of the “setup” tasks that are easy and quick allowing our talented people to focus on the hard problems
- Come up with better ways to notify people of what is going on and keep them informed
Wow, I’m stuck, most of what I am thinking of seems like fluff. The instructions say I should read others posts and add to mine. That is what I will do here.
- Get together with co-workers to see what they think is important
- Relay important information up-the-chain including opinion on how to improve or react
- Improve on problems by example
- Allow others to take ownership (responsibility) and offer help
- Do things that need to get done but no one else is willing to do
- Talk to the others involved ni my project about where things are going or could go
- Understanding the real problem
- Give the right credit
- Thanking everyone
I am surprised how hard this seems, but I guess when I think of some answers I just think “not good enough” “not grand enough”, but possibly that misses the point.
- Take care of my garbage
- clean my desk
- Sweep the floors
- Congratulate others involved