Ever had one of those things you put off, and a year later, it pops up again? Well, that just happened with my DJI OM4 and wanting to attach the magnetic ring. I wanted to attach the magnetic ring kit to my phone, and several questions were unreasonably burdensome to find answers to, so I gathered what I learned by putting on my ring.
Of course, did I mention I lost the instructions at some point? Well, read below, and I’ll give you a step-by-step guide on fixing the issues you might run into.
I hope this helps you; please leave a comment if you have any questions. I would love to expand this article to help more people.
Do I Need to Use One of the Stickers with my Phone?
If you have a phone with a glass back, you will need to use one of the clear stickers provided with the kit. If you have other materials such as plastic or metal, the instructions do not mention using the clear stickers in this case, but I also lost mine, so I’m going off reading someone’s instructions that I could see on YouTube.
Keep reading below if you want step-by-step instructions or have more questions. I might have answered it.
How to Attach the Magnetic Ring to Your iPhone
First, if you have a phone that has a glass back, you will need to use one of the clear stickers that came with the kit. See the previous question if you need more info.
You must wait 12 hours before attaching your
- Clean the back of the phone to which you are going to attach the magnetic ring base (use isopropyl alcohol if you lost the cleaning pads that came with the kit)
- Use the supplied guide to line up the placement of your ring. The blue tab on the back side of the guide is a sticker to help you secure it in place while you put down the sicker and the ring.
- If you have the glass back: hold your finger on the sicky part of the guide to keep it in place, and using your thumb as a fulcrum point, pull the guide back just enough to slide your fingers under and place the clear sticky pad. Line it up and stick it.
- Let the guide back down to the phone, ensuring the clear pad is stuck well.
- For easy alignment of the phone, point the top of the phone away from you, pick the phone up, so you get a good view of the top of the area where you are going to place the ring, and then start your alignment at the top make sure the open lines are straight, and the top is positioned right. Slowly work your way down using the guide to help set the ring.
Keep reading if you have more questions. If you don’t find an answer, leave me a comment.
Do I Need to Wait Before Using My OM4 Magnetic Ring After Attaching it to My Phone?
Yes, you need to wait at least 12 hours before doing anything after attaching your magnetic ring to your phone to use with your OM4.
OM4 Won’t Level My Phone – Attaching Magnetic Ring
In general, barring some more significant issues with the hardware, they are not correctly aligned on the phone if your phone will not level using the Magnetic Ring or the Magnetic sleeve. Use the guide that came with the kit to align your phone.
If you don’t have the guide, let me know, and I will see about making a printable version.
Please leave me a comment. I might make a video when I do this again 🙂
I’ve wanted to find a “cheap” refresh kit for this, but it is not easy to find. The DJI store has been out the last few times I’ve checked in the previous four months since I got my new phone.
If I find something, I will let you know and get pictures to update this post, but if you have found this in stock, please let me know!