Ever have one of those things you put off, and a year later, it pops up again. Well, that just happened to me with my DJI OM4 and wanting to attach the magnetic ring. I wanted to attach the magnetic ring kit to my phone, and several questions had unreasonably burdensome to find answers to, so I gathered up what I learned by putting on my ring.
Of course, did I mention I lost the instructions at some point? Well, read below, and I’ll give you a step-by-step guide on fixing the issues you might run into.
I hope this helps you; please leave a comment if you have any questions. I would love to expand this article to help more people.
Do I Need to Use One of the Stickers with my Phone?
If you have a phone with a glass back, you will need to use one of the clear stickers provided with the kit. If you have other materials such as plastic or metal, the instructions do not mention using the clear stickers in this case, but I also lost mine, so I’m going off reading someone’s instructions that I could see on YouTube.
Keep reading below if you want step-by-step instructions or have more questions. I might have answered it.
How to Attach the Magnetic Ring to Your iPhone
First, if you have a phone that has a glass back, you will need to use one of the clear stickers that came with the kit. See the previous question if you need more info.
You must wait 12 hours before attaching your
- Clean the back of the phone to which you are going to attach the magnetic ring base (use isopropyl alcohol if you lost the cleaning pads that came with the kit)
- Use the supplied guide to line up the placement of your ring. The blue tab on the back side of the guide is a sticker to help you secure it in place while you put down the sicker and the ring.
- If you have the glass back: hold your finger on the the sicky part of the guide to keep it in place and using your thumb as a folcrum point pull the guide back just enough to put slide your fingers under and place the clear sicky pad. Line it up and stick it.
- Let the guide back down to the phone making sure the clear pad is stuck well.
- For easy alighnment of the phone point the top of the phone away from you, pick the phone up so you get a good view of the top of the area that you are going to place the ring and then starting your alignment at the top make sure the open lines are straight and the top is placed righ. Slowly work your way down using the guide to help you place the ring
Keep reading if you have more questions. If you don’t find an answer, leave me a comment.
Do I Need to Wait Before Using My OM4 Magnetic Ring After Attaching it to My Phone?
Yes, you need to wait at least 12 hours before doing anything after attaching your magnetic ring to your phone to use with your OM4.
OM4 Won’t Level My Phone – Attaching Magnetic Ring
In general, barring some more significant issues with the hardware, if your phone will not level using the Magnetic Ring or the Magnetic sleeve, they are not correctly aligned on the phone. Use the guide that came with the kit to align your phone.
If you don’t have the guide anymore, let me know, making a printable version.
Please leave me a comment. I might make a video when I do this again 🙂